Welcome to RinshoBase!
RinshoBase is a database, developed by the Review Center for Health Science Research (RCHSR) to answer the question:
"How well do clinical indications claimed by manufacturers for their oral health care products correspond with clinical evidence?"
In order to achieve its aim RinshoBase relies on:
Currently, RinshoBase includes information about 142 common oral health care products and is continuously updated and extended by RCHSR.
- Instructions-for-use (IFU) for oral health care products that are freely available in the public domain, provided by dental manufacturers, in line with requirements set forth by the Council of the European Communities in its Directive MDD 93/42EEC of 14 June 1993.
- Systematic review results originally developed and continuously updated for the RinshoTrial App
- Clinical trial quality appraisal using the Composite Quality Score (CQS)
In addition, RinshoBase offers the following free online CPD activities to subscribers:
Access to RinshoBase is open to everyone against an annual subscription fee of ZAR 455.00.
- Evidence Based overview on Clinical Merits of Materials in Dental Practice - Total 54 clinical points
- Ethical Aspects of Dental Clinical Research Methods - Total 3 ethical points